He was born in 1920 in Kielce, died in 1988 in Lublin.
In 1942 he started studying at the former Janina Miłowska Independent School of Painting and Graphic Design in Lublin, which he graduated from in 1946. He started medical studies at the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin in 1946, which he dropped out of during the second year. In 1956 he also took up the history of art at The John Paul Catholic University of Lublin which he didn’t graduate from, either. Together with the painters – Włodzimierz Borowski, Tytus Dzieduszycki and Ryszard Kiwierski, as well as critics – Jerzy Ludwiński and Hanna Ptaszkowska he was one of the co-founders of the Castle Group in Lublin, which existed between 1956-59. The best known are relief forms, which he created since the middle of the 1960s. What interested the artist in these pieces of work were the problems of visualizations of the space, movement and light. By placing spherically bended strips of wood he constructed structures triggering off optical illusions.